Guardians of The City SFFD Home Page - San Francisco Fire Department Museum SFFD HomeBack to GuardiansofTheCity.org Home Page
Battalions:

Battalion 2
San Francisco Fire Department

Organized:  August 15, 1918

Location:  South of Market

1918   August 15th, assigned to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 35, 38 Bluxome Street
1938   Relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 6, 356 - 7th Street
1939   Relocated to the new quarters of Engine Co. No. 35, 36 Bluxome Street

Location:  Nob Hill

1941   November 1st, relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 41, 1325 Leavenworth Street
1956   April 30th, relocated to the temporary quarters of Engine Co. No. 31, 1088 Green Street while the Leavenworth firehouse was rebuilt
1957   April 15th, returned to the new quarters of Engine Co. No. 41, 1325 Leavenworth Street

Location:  Hayes Valley

1961   May 2nd, relocated to the new quarters of Engine Co. No. 14, 109 Oak Street
1995   February 6th, relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 6, 135 Sanchez Street, for the earthquake retrofitting of the firehouse
1996   September 3rd, returned to new quarters at 109 Oak Street
1998   January 29th, relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 6, 135 Sanchez Street, for addition earthquake retrofitting of the firehouse
1998   March 1st, returned to quarters at 109 Oak Street