Guardians of The City SFFD Home Page - San Francisco Fire Department Museum SFFD HomeBack to GuardiansofTheCity.org Home Page
Battalions:

Battalion 3
San Francisco Fire Department

Organized:  August 15, 1918

Location:  Western Addition

1918   August 15th, assigned to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 14, 1051 McAllister Street

Location:  South of Market

1941   November 1st, relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 35, 38 Bluxome Street
1958   March 13th, relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 4, 676 Howard Street
1975   April 15th, relocated to new quarters of Engine Co. No. 8, 36 Bluxome Street
1975   September 25th, relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 35, 676 Howard Street
1980   August 1st, relocated to quarters of Engine Co. No. 8, 36 Bluxome Street
1992   October 9th, relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 35, 676 Howard Street for the earthquake retrofitting of the firehouse
1994   August 30th, returned to quarters at 36 Bluxome Street

Location:  Treasure Island

1997   September 27th, relocated to the former Navy Station firehouse at Avenue D, between 9th & 11th Streets

Location:  South of Market

2002   January 9th, returned to quarters of Engine Co. No. 8, 36 Bluxome Street
2008   March 4th, relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 29, 299 Vermont Street due a termite control conditions
2008   March 6th, returned to quarters at 36 Bluxome Street