Guardians of The City SFFD Home Page - San Francisco Fire Department Museum SFFD HomeBack to GuardiansofTheCity.org Home Page

Chemical Engine & Tank Wagon Companies:

 

Chemical Engine Company No. 4
San Francisco Fire Department

Organized:  1892

Location:  Lower Pacific Heights, Western Addition

1892   Assigned to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 15, 2114 California Street

Location:  Tenderloin, Western Addition, Fillmore

1895   Relocated to new quarters at 634 Eddy Street
1898   Relocated to new quarters at 451 McAllister Street
1906   After April 18th, relocated to temporary quarters of Truck Co. No. 3, 451 McAllister Street
1912   Relocated to new quarters of Truck Co. No. 3, 431 Polk Street
1926   Relocated to the new quarters of Engine Co. No. 14, 1051 McAllister Street
1938   Chemical Co. No. 4 converted to Tank Wagon Co. No. 4
1958   August 20th, company disbanded