Guardians of The City SFFD Home Page - San Francisco Fire Department Museum SFFD HomeBack to GuardiansofTheCity.org Home Page

Chemical Engine & Tank Wagon Companies:

 

Chemical Engine Company No. 9
San Francisco Fire Department

Organized:  1907

Location:  Mission Dolores

1907   Assigned to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 7, 3160 - 16th Street

Location:  Haight, Hayes Valley and Castro

1916   Relocated to the quarters of Truck Co. No. 6, 349 Hermann Street
1940   Company changed from a Chemical Engine to Tank Wagon Co. No. 8
1943   Company changed from a Tank Wagon to a Chemical Engine 
1946   Company changed from a Chemical Engine to a Tank Wagon
1950   Relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 27, 135 Sanchez Street
1960   February 18th, company disbanded