Guardians of The City SFFD Home Page - San Francisco Fire Department Museum SFFD HomeBack to GuardiansofTheCity.org Home Page

Engine Companies:

 

Engine Company No. 40
San Francisco Fire Department

Organized:  October 1, 1909

Location:  Twin Peaks

1909   October 1st, assigned to quarters at 1249 Clayton Street

Location:  Twin Peaks, Ashbury Heights

1956   May 23rd, relocated to new quarters at 1145 Stanyan Street

Location:  Parkside

1972   July 12th, company relocated to the quarters of Battalion 8, 2155 - 18th Avenue, the former quarters of Engine Co. No. 49
1994   January 28th, relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 18, 1935 - 32nd Avenue, for the earthquake retrofitting of the firehouse
1995   April 6th, returned to new quarters at 2155 - 18th Avenue