Guardians of The City SFFD Home Page - San Francisco Fire Department Museum SFFD HomeBack to GuardiansofTheCity.org Home Page

Salvage Companies:

 

Salvage Company No. 3
San Francisco Fire Department

Organized:  1951

Location:  North Beach, Russian Hill
1951   Assigned to the quarters of Truck Co. No.  2, 1340 Powell Street
1955   February 5th, relocated to the former quarters of Engine Co. No.  31, 1088 Green Street
1958   June 25th, relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No.  12, 115 Drumm Street
1970   July 1st, placed into a unmanned reserve status due to City budget cuts to the Fire Department

Location:   South of Market
1970   July 1st, relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No.  6, 356 - 7th Street

Location:  Inner Richmond
1975   Relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 31, 441 - 12th Avenue
1977   Company disbanded

Apparatus:
1951 - 1959
UP-9       1939 International Salvage Wagon
SA-3                Registration #D-50-904

Engine: Continental 6-cylinder, 79 HP
July 1, 1943:  SFFD Shop #SA-3 applied

1959 - July 1, 1970
July 1, 1970 - 1977 - As an unmanned special call unit
SA-6        1950 Mack Model Type-50, "505-S", Salvage Wagon; closed cab
Registration # 2064

Engine:  Mack 6-cylinder, 110 HP
1970: Shop number changed to 866