Guardians of The City SFFD Home Page - San Francisco Fire Department Museum SFFD HomeBack to GuardiansofTheCity.org Home Page

Salvage Companies:

 

Salvage Company No. 4
San Francisco Fire Department

Organized:  March 1, 1955

Location:  Mission
1955   March 1st, assigned to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 10, 2300 Folsom Street
1971   July 1st, placed into a unmanned reserve status due to City budget cuts to the Fire Department
1982   Relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 29, 299 Vermont Street
1986   Company disbanded

Apparatus:
March 1, 1955 - March 1957
UP-10     1939 International Salvage Wagon
SA-1                Registration #D-50-850

Engine:   Continental 6-cylinder, 79 HP
July 1, 1943: SFFD Shop #SA-1 applied

March 1957 - July 1, 1971
July 1, 1971 - 1986 - Salvage 4 (as an unmanned special unit)
SA-8       1957 Van Pelt/White, Model WC-28, Salvage Wagon, closed cab
Registration #467896

Engine: Hall-Scott 6-cylinder, 160 HP
1970: Shop number changed to 868
This apparatus is now part of the apparatus collection of the Museum