Guardians of The City SFFD Home Page - San Francisco Fire Department Museum SFFD HomeBack to GuardiansofTheCity.org Home Page

Truck Companies:

 

Truck Company No. 16
San Francisco Fire Department

Organized:  December 3, 1866

Location:  Marina

1931   Assigned to the quarters Engine Co. No. 20, 2666 Lombard Street
1938   Relocated to the new quarters of Engine Co. No. 20, 2251 Greenwich Street
1955   Relocated to the temporary quarters in the Palace of Fine Arts for the rebuilding of the firehouse
1956   Returned to the rebuilt quarters of Engine Co. No. 20, 2251 Greenwich Street
1995   March 15th, company relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 38, 2150 California Street, for the earthquake retrofitting of the firehouse
1996   May 13th, returned to quarters of Engine Co. No. 20, Engine Co. No. 20, 2251 Greenwich Street