Builder: American LaFrance Fire Engine Company,
Elmira, New York. A 6 cylinder, 140 HP engine with a combination 750 GPM rotary gear pump.
Manufacturer's Number: 5000
SFFD Shop Number: C-47
Location: In storage
Condition: Very poor due to years of outside storage
Crew: Officer and 5 Firemen
Members of the engine companies could and can be identified at fires and other emergencies by their all black helmets.
1925 Delivered to San Francisco on April 8, 1925
1925 Engine Co. No. 29, 380 Division Street
1941 Transferred to Engine Co. No. 49, 2155 - 18th Avenue
1943 Transferred to Engine Co. No. 48, 798 Wisconsin Street
1949 Placed into reserve
1953 Purchased at the City surplus property auction by Mr. Petersen of Santa Cruz
1999 Donated to the Museum by Mr. Petersen
Back to the Top