Guardians of The City SFFD Home Page - San Francisco Fire Department Museum SFFD HomeBack to GuardiansofTheCity.org Home Page

Chemical Engine & Tank Wagon Companies:

 

Chemical Engine Company No. 10
San Francisco Fire Department

Organized:  1910

Location:  Presidio Terrace

1910   Assigned to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 26, 3767 Sacramento Street

Location:  Excelsior

1916   Relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 43, 724 Brazil Avenue
1917   Company disbanded

Location:  Ingleside, Ocean

1926   Reorganized and assigned to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 38, 2098 San Jose Avenue
1937   Company changed from a Chemical Engine to Tank Wagon Co. No. 10
1957   September 10th, relocated to the new quarters of Engine Co. No. 38, 1000 Ocean Avenue
1960   March 1st, company disbanded