Guardians of The City SFFD Home Page - San Francisco Fire Department Museum SFFD HomeBack to GuardiansofTheCity.org Home Page

Underwriters Fire Patrol Companies:

 

Underwriters Fire Patrol Company No. 2

Organized:  1879

Location:  Downtown
1879   Organized and assigned to quarters on Grove Street between Larkin & Polk Streets
1887   Relocated to the Northeast corner of Polk Street at Eddy Street
1895   Company disbanded
1897   Company reorganized and assigned to quarters at the Northeast corner of Polk Street at Eddy Street
1899   Relocated to new quarters at 65 City Hall Avenue
1906   Relocated to the quarters UFP Co. No. 3, 1915 Bush Street as the companies former quarters were destroyed in the 1906 Fire

Location:  Hayes Valley
1909   Relocated to 55 Waller Street between Octavia & Laguna Streets
1918   Relocated to new quarters at 831 Buchanan Street at Birch Street
1933   Company disbanded to organize Underwriters Fire Patrol Co. No. 2A

Apparatus:  Horse drawn
1879 - 1913   Unknown

Apparatus: Motorized
October 1913 - 1918
UP-4       1913 American LaFrance Type-10 Salvage Wagon
Registration #407

Engine: American LaFrance 4 cylinder, 70 HP
Delivered to San Francisco: October 15, 1913

1918 - 1930
UP-3        1912 American LaFrance Type-10 Salvage Wagon
Registration #207

Engine: American LaFrance 4 cylinder, 70 HP
Delivered to San Francisco: December 26, 1912

1930 - 1933
UP-7       1929 Reo Salvage Wagon
Registration #FE-3445

Engine: Continental 6-cylinder, 67 HP