Engine Company No. 8 - 1917
Truck Company No. 4
1648 Pacific Avenue (mapped location)
San Francisco Official Landmark 188
1906 Earthquake or Fire damage to house at 1616 Pacific, $18,000. Cost of new building, $23,000
1917 Engine Co. No. 8, relocated from 1616 Pacific Avenue
1917 Truck Co. No. 4 relocated from 1616 Pacific Avenue
1918 August 15th, Engine Co. No. 8 disbanded
1922 Engine Co. No. 8 reactivated
1926 Hose Tender Co. No. 7 organized and assigned to quarters
1956 April 30th, Hose Tender Co. No.7 relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 15, 2150 California Street
1973 March, Engine Company number changed to Engine Co. No. 4. The number 8 was given to Engine 35 at 36 Bluxome Street.
1980 July 1st, Engine 4 and Truck 4, deactivated and placed out of service, budget cuts
2006 Sold at the City & County of San Francisco public auction
Topped with the Spanish tile of the "Mission Revival" style, John Reid Jr. designed this firehouse with greater strength to hold the heavy equipment as on this lot there is a severe slope from the front of the firehouse to the rear... The building has two main apparatus doors flanked by pilasters with terra cotta composite capitals, a belt cornice with Greek meander molding and rows of dentils. Both companies were deactivated on July 1, 1980 due to the ordered City budget cuts to the Fire Department. The firehouse remained in use as the storage facility for the Department's Toy Program and as a medical supply station. In December of 2006 the firehouse was sold at the city's surplus property auction.